Who You Are in Christ
As a Christian mom, your identity in Christ or who you are in Christ is vital to your spiritual health. You need to be certain of who you are in Christ when faced with the unique challenges of being a mom.
Sometimes in social situations, many people ask �what do you do?� and when you say that you stay at home and take care of the kids, they are not interested in talking to you because they assume that you must not have anything interesting to say. Over the years, you may begin to feel pretty insignificant if �what you do� is how you define yourself.
Or maybe you work and other people judge you as being an uncaring parent. God has a purpose and plan for each one of us and maybe He has spoken to you and wants you to work. You are being obedient but the community you have around you misunderstands you.
That�s why it�s so important to stay rooted and grounded in who we are in Christ. We are not �human doings�; we are �human beings�. We need to know who we are in Christ so that we are defined by His truth of who we are and not by what others think of us.
Here is a short alphapbet list of Christ-like character traits that we can declare over our lives. Bookmark this as a reference to use for encouragement.
An Alphabet of Who You Are in Christ
- Accepted - Romans 15:7
- Blessed - Jeremiah 17:7
- Called - 1 Corinthians 1:9
- Delivered - 2 Timothy 4:18
- Equipped - 2 Timothy 3:17
- Favored - Psalm 5:12
- Gifted -Romans 12:6
- Holy and blameless - Ephesians 1:4
- Indwelt by His Spirit - Romans 8:11
- Justified - 1 Corinthians 6:11
- Known - 2 Timothy 2:19
- Living an Abundant Life - 1 John 4:9; John 10:10
- Made Alive in Christ - Ephesians 2:5
- Needs met by His riches - Phillipians 4:19
- On the winning side - Colossians 2:15
- Provided for - Matthew 6:33
- Righteous - Romans 3:22; 26
- Safe - Psalm 4:8
- Transformed Into His Image - 2 Corinthians 3:18
- Useful for His glory - Isaiah 43:7
- Valued - Matthew 6:26
- Walking in New Life Romans 6:4
- Yielded to God Romans 6:13